We do recommend you bath your dog every day for 3 days to start the treatment, then twice a week during the allergy season or as needed. A dog with itchy skin must be treated very carefully, so we would like to offer the following advice:
- Use a mild shampoo with anti-inflammatory and anti-itch properties.
- Cool water temperature: use lukewarm water, not hot water as it might increase skin irritation and make matter worse.
- Gentle cleansing: do not scrub vigorously to avoid further irritation; use a massage type motion to apply the shampoo.
- Allow the natural shampoo to remain 10 minutes on the skin to allow the skin to absorb the beneficial elements and to help the skin retain moisture.
- Rinse any completely from the skin and the coat: shampoo residue is a major cause of skin irritation in dogs.
- Pat dry. After bathing, pat dry with a towel. Do not rub, do not blow dry, the heat can further dry the skin and increase the irritation.
- Brush your dog daily to remove pollens, grass and other irritants and to prevent matting. Grooming is also a great way for you to bond with your dog.