- Act as quickly as possible.
- As your dog is likely to run all over the house and rub everywhere, maintain him in a secure location
- Wear the protective gloves supplied in the kit to avoid contact with the skunk musk
- Mix the bags of baking soda and liquid detergent in the hydrogen peroxide bottle
- Close the bottle with the spout cap provided
- Soak the areas sprayed by the skunk using the spray bottle or apply directly
- Wait 5 minutes
- Rinse the animal with water
- Repeat if necessary
- Finally wash the animals with the shampoo provided.
- If the pet shows signs of lethargy; weakness, slugishness, or very low energy in the days following a skunk encounter this could mean your pet is potentially suffering from anemia. Anemia is a serious condition in which the red blood cell count drops, it has been known to happen on rare occasions to animals after serious skunk encounters. If you believe your pet may be suffering from anemia you should contact your veterinarian immediately.
The mixture should be used shortly after mixing and will not work if stored for any period of time. As it releases oxygen it cannot be stored in a closed container.
For external use only
For animal use only
1 bottle 3% hydrogen peroxide #1
1 packet 30 g sodium bicarbonate #2
1 packet 5ml liquid detergent #3
1 bottle of shampoo: water, natural surfactants from coconut, Castile soap, vegetable glycerin, Yucca glauca extracts, Honey derivative, glucose lactoperoxydase and oxidase (natural preservatives).